You will be required to provide certain items for your own safety:
First and foremost, you are responsible for your own personal safety! If you deem a drill to be "unsafe" it is your responsibility to inform the instructor and to discontinue participation.
1. You MUST provide your own gloves/hand protection. This is a must if you intend to participate in this class past the first week. This is to protect you AND your fellow students. Head gear and shin guards (not the soccer kind) are optional but recommended.
2. It is HIGHLY recommended to invest in groin protection (men AND women) as shots to the groin, while unintentional, DO HAPPEN!
3. We ask that in order to keep all students and staff safe, if it is raining or snowing you do not wear outdoor shoes into class. Bring clean "indoor only" athletic shoes with you to workout in. Wet or snowy weather, mud or dirt can create a trip/slip hazard that puts everyone at risk.
4. Loose leg shorts should NOT be worn to class ever! we do various poses and techniques that require you to have your legs in the air! No one wants to see your undergarments OR your genitals!
5. Finally we ask that as a courtesy to your fellow students (who you will be engaging in physical activity with) that you follow certain standards of hygiene. Please bathe regularly and use deodorant, as body odor makes class both uncomfortable and hard to focus on.
Just something to think about...
This is an ON-GOING Self Defense and Fitness course, NOT a one time thing. Self defense is like any other skill, if you don't USE it, you LOSE it.
A person CAN still defend themselves if they are not in good physical shape.
HOWEVER, we here at Maumee Valley Martial Arts believe that it is our duty to prepare our students both mentally AND physically for anti-social situations.
This means that we do test and push your physical limits of strength and endurance.
You push yourself as hard as YOU feel comfortable. We cannot and will not jeopardize you or your personal safety for the sake of physical fitness.
When all is said and done YOU hold the ultimate responsibility for your own health and well being.
If you have a medical condition that does not allow you to meet the physical demands, (i.e. a heart condition etc.) then this class is not for you and we ask that you do not participate.
Contact Us! Phone: (419)-297-6848, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org